Sage & Cloud Accounting
This course introduces you to the modern day bookkeeping and accounting and would be invaluable for anyone wanting to look into running a business, work in an office or just to learn about how bookkeeping and accounting works in a business environment. The course will help you to enhance your employability and gives you the opportunity to progress to on to a level two course.
What student will achieve in this course
You will learn how to deal with customers and suppliers; Add new accounts to sales, purchase and nominal ledgers; Process data, bank transactions, invoices and credit notes accurately and reconcile the bank account and produce reports including a profit and loss report.
- Gain a holistic understanding and practical skills of using Sage software.
- Create customer invoices, check bank accounts and nominal and understand invoice management for products utilising various useful platforms.
- Understand nominal ledger, bank transfers, setting up, processing and deleting prepayments & deal with accruals.
- Learn the advanced principles of preparing financial statements and VAT returns and preparing for Audit with the course.
- Discover how to manage the delivery system for your clients on an elaborate scale, create and check BOMs, and manage product transfers.
- Learn how to calculate the cost of sales correctly, stock value, utilise stock wizard and set up departments, departmental balance sheet, use report wizard, and many more.
- Setting up companies using different VAT schemes
- Modifying the chart of accounts
- How double entry is applied in accounting software
- Setting up sales, purchase and nominal ledgers using Sage 50 Accounts
- Setting up suppliers accounts and posting purchase invoices
- Setting up customers accounts and posting sales invoices
- Entering supplier payments and customer receipts
- Performing bank reconciliation
- Maintain filing system, date wise and in alphabetical order
- Generating reports on invoices due, customer/supplier invoice activity
- Performing error corrections
- Preparing, reconciling and submitting VAT returns.
Course Duration: Three months. 100% attendance is required to pass this course.
Method of delivery: Blended learning.
Course fee: N30,000
Course start date: on a rolling basis, please apply online and we will get back to you on the nearest course start date.
Certification: Successfully student will be awarded Professional Certificate from the British Transatlantic Polytechnic.