Financial Markets and stock trading
This course introduces you to the world of trading and gives you the skills to be a successful trader in the financial market. Our lead tutor and mentors are an experienced traders in the global stage. You will grab the fundamental and technical analysis and evaluation of macro-economic data releases and how to use them to your advantage.
What student will achieve in this course
You will focus on currencies, commodities and major indices during the programme, you will be encouraged to trade real-time markets on a demo trading platform. You will be fully supported by our team throughout the day, helping you through the trading experience.
You will benefit from technical experts in the London trading sector and will pass their knowledge and skills on to you, preparing you physically and mentally for a future involving the financial markets. You will: have good understanding of the structure and function of financial markets; Comprehend how traders and investors analyse and trade in real-time markets; Appreciate fundamental and technical analysis of different financial assets; Understand how to interpret charts, as well as financial and political news and understand how to manage risk and control emotions when trading.
Introduction to Financial Markets
- What are financial markets, who trades them and why
- Market jargon and the roles of retail banks, investment banks, central banks and brokers
Financial Market Economics
- Macroeconomic data - Interest rates, inflation, economic cycles, etc.
- Central Bank influence - Monetary policy
- Government influence - Fiscal policy
Fundamental and Technical Analysis
- How to analyse financial markets from a fundamental perspective
- Technical analysis – how to analyse charts and price action
- Support, resistance and price trends
- Pattern recognition
- Japanese candlestick analysis
- Moving averages and momentum indicators
Trading Psychology and Risk Management
- Understanding natural human biases and how to avoid emotional pitfalls when trading
- How to manage risk, per trade and within a portfolio
- Virtual practical trading sessions to apply learned knowledge
Course Duration: Three months. 100% attendance is required to pass this course.
Method of delivery: Blended learning.
Course fee: N45,000
Course start date: on a rolling basis, please apply online and we will get back to you on the nearest course start date.
Certification: Successfully student will be awarded Professional Certificate from the British Transatlantic Polytechnic. Student will have the chance to be paired with international mentors based in London.