Statistics with Data science
Our Statistics with Data science course prepares students for the recent growth of data science and increased awareness of data analysis and interpretation of results.
The course’s curriculum combines statistical theory with wider hands-on practical experience of applying statistical models to data.
Our Statistics with Data science course specifically focuses on:
- computational statistics
- data analysis of a range of models and applications
Our graduates will be able to have:
- knowledge to analyse big and small data
- knowledge and understanding of statistical theory and its applications within data science
- knowledge and understanding of how to use statistical software to interprete data.
- the ability to assess the validity of statistical models and their associated limitations
- practical experience of implementing a range of computational techniques using statistical software
Academic Level: National Diploma (ND)
- Full-time: 2 year
- Part-time: 3 years
- Admission into National Diploma (ND) programmes must pass through the Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) organized by JAMB and meet the prescribed cut off mark.
- Candidates must have at least five credits in relevant SSCE/GCE ‘O’ level subjects.
- Credits in Mathematics, Physics and any other three subjects from Economics, English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Geography, or Further Mathematics.
Our assessment methodology focuses on what student can do rather than what they can write during examinations. Students cannot pass a course only by Examination.
Assessment typically includes a combination of coursework (presentations, assignments, essay report writing, in-class tests, research and project work) and/or examinations.
Individual and group projects are assessed through a written report, practical demonstration and oral examination.