Mobile Phone Engineering
Our Mobile phone engineering course provide the requisite skills and knowledge to enable the student to get into a wide variety of jobs in the mobile phone industry or to start a mobile phone repair outlet.
What students will achieve in this course
Students will be able to gain required skills and knowledge required to work in a mobile phone assembling and repairs company or set up their own small-scale enterprise.
Training in three levels: beginners, Intermediate and advanced.
- How to unlock iPad.
- How to unlock iPhone.
- How to unlock Samsung.
- Where to find parts.
- How to check phone block and black list status.
- Tools and equipment’s require for repair.
- Legal process for electronics purchase.
- Understanding the repair business.
- Introduction to websites for help and support after training
- Concept and structure of GSM, CDMA, 3G, 4G networks.
- Theory and concept of ESN, IMEI and SIM relationships.
- Determination of physical and liquid damage detection on PCB Boards.
- Basic soldering and de soldering techniques.
- Use of proper tools and opening techniques to dismantle devices.
- Assemble and disassemble on iPhone, Android, iPad and tablets.
- Phone malfunction and liquid damage troubleshooting.
- Data transfer and recovery techniques.
- Mobile Phone Unlocking - Remove carrier locks off GSM Phones.
- How to replace broken Glass Digitizer.
- How to replace broken LCD.
- How to assemble mobile Phones
- Mobile assembling and disassembling practice
- Structure and design of the BGA Controller Chip.
- Techniques of how to repair Water Damage devices.
- Techniques on how to repair physical damage, troubleshooting on GSM and CDMA phones.
- Replacement Techniques on LCD, Ribbon flex cable, Speakers, Camera and Battery.
- How to repair phone not powering on (no power), no network signal or unstable signal.
- How to repair your Phone when it automatically shuts off (Power Cycling)
- How to replace the Sim Connector, Switch, Battery connector, SD memory connector, Vibrator, Flex Cable Switch, Multi pin Data
- Port, LCD plug-in connector and Charging Port.
- How to repair on-board components, circuit bridging and Jumper techniques
- How to repair the Data Port.
- How to replace the Headset Jack Flex Cable.
- How to replace the Wi-Fi Flex Cable.
- How to replace battery.
- Unlocking solutions.
- How to change the Home Button, Ear speaker, Wi-Fi and much more.
- How to use typical repair tools like Hot air rework station, Soldering Iron, Ultrasonic cleaner, Microscope, DC power supply, NAND Programmer, etc.
- Logic board fault finding, Multimeter use, Component voltage, and shortage check, chip desoldering and black adhesive removing techniques.
- Chip IC replacement, IC Reballing, EMI shield removal, and Micro soldering techniques.
- Remove/replace FPC connectors on the PCB, BGA IC Reflow, IC Repair, Backlight Fix, Charging Port Connectors, SIM Card
- Connectors, Battery Connectors, Wi-Fi Connectors, board
- SD Memory Card Connector, Multi-Pin Data Port, Vibrator.
- Level III Water Damage Phone Troubleshooting and Repair
- Physical damage repair and troubleshooting techniques on Mother Boards
- Repair Techniques for On Board ICs, Copastor, Diode, Resistor etc
- No network signal or unstable signal
- Repair missing onboard components, circuit bridging & Jumpering techniques
- Phone automatically shuts off (Power Cycle)
- Use of Digital equipment to spot treat board level corrosion
- Board cleaning agent and solutions to treat liquid damaged Mobile phones.
Course duration: Each level takes minimum of one month. 100% attendance is required to pass this course.
Method of delivery: Practical, hands on and classroom.
Course fee: N25,000 per level
Course start date: on a rolling basis, please apply online and we will get back to you on the nearest course start date.
Successfully student who complete level 1 or level 2 or both will obtain a Professional Certificate whilst those who complete levels 1, 2 and 3 will be awarded Professional Diploma from the British Transatlantic Polytechnic