Hotel & Hospitality Management
Our Hotel & Hospitality Management course is the hallmark qualification required to work in the hotel and hospitality sector. The course teaches you to manage hotels operations, people, operations, and investments in hotels, events, restaurants, tourism and services.
The course also teaches you everything from managing the largest hotel to the smallest cafe. You will learn topical areas like staff coordination, food and beverage service management, event planning and design, and real estate development.
Hotel and Hospitality Management, you will study Customer Services which is key to all hospitality business.
The primary goal of hospitality management remains the same: to ensure every guest has a flawless and memorable experience.
You will gain an enrichment certificate on how to make customer happy, getting 5-star feedback and rating for yourself and the organisation.
Academic Level: National Diploma (ND)
- Full-time: 2 year
- Part-time: 3 years
- Professional Development/Short courses: varies from 1 to 6 months
- Admission into National Diploma (ND) programmes must pass through the Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) organized by JAMB and meet the prescribed cut off mark.
- Candidates must have at least five credits in relevant SSCE/GCE ‘O’ level subjects.
- Credits in Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, Biology, and any other three subjects.
Our assessment methodology focuses on what student can do rather than what they can write during examinations. Students cannot pass a course only by Examination.
Assessment typically includes a combination of coursework (presentations, assignments, essay report writing, in-class tests, research and project work) and/or examinations.
Individual and group projects are assessed through a written report, practical demonstration and oral examination.
This course has a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) component that integrates classroom and laboratory learning with industry partners through co-op work experiences or industrial project based learning. We foster strong town and gown relationship with the media industry which gives our students great learning opportunities. Students will work on industry-sponsored projects where you get to integrate your skills and knowledge to solve genuine business challenges for real clients; attend masterclasses and workshops by industry experts that give you insights into the latest trends in the industry and pursue your passion in a standard industry settings.
There are great opportunities for our student to link up with their counterpart abroad ranging from overseas internship where you will gain exposure to regional and international media developments and work with top talents from all over the world.
Jobs and Career Opportunities after Graduation
With well-rounded skill sets acquired through this course, you can look forward to pursuing careers as:
- Hotels Manager
- Convention services management
- Event planning and design
- Food and beverage management
- Hospitality corporate finance
- Hospitality real estate development
- Hotel and resort operations management
- Sales and marketing management
- Small business owner
Revenue and pricing management